Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day! I'm Pregnant!

I’ve taken 4 pregnancy tests over the past week and all of them were positive.  
Since it was so close to Father’s Day (and I wanted to find a good way to tell him), I decided to wait to tell my other half, Raul.  It was extremely hard to have waited the past few days.  
But I had to tell him, now.  It was giving me a lot of stress and anxiety.  I was somewhat scared and didn't really know how to say it or when the right time would be or how he would feel or react.  

Today (Father's Day), as we were talking he expressed his excitement about July 4th weekend because we'll be getting an extra day off work for the holiday and he's planning to purchase a new car around then as well.  I just made a face trying to keep it in, but then burst out: “I’m so sorry if this takes away your happiness and excitement right now….but I’m pretty sure I’m pregnant.”  He hugged me and after a moment of silence (and surprise) he said: “I hope it’s a girl” then kissed me and smiled.  I started crying tears of relief and happiness immediately and a bit uncontrollably.  He asked me why I was crying and I told him I was just so happy and relieved that he was happy and the stress and anxiety had been lifted a bit.

I then gave him a card I printed that said: 
"Happy Father's Day... I'm pregnant." along with all 4 of the positive tests.  
He thought it was funny.  He asked when we could tell people.  I told him I kind of wanted to get an ultrasound first, but whenever he was ready he could.    

Father's Day Reveal
He handled the news much better than I could have ever imagined.  

He took a photo and posted it on Facebook with the title: "My Father's Day Gift".


Within a minute of posting this photo, his cousin called.  We very much expected her call first.  

I started getting text messages from some of my close friends and family asking if I was pregnant.  
So I sent them a message back saying:

"These 4 tests seem to think so" 



Today was a good day.

Happy Father's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment